Knowledge and skill acquisition: Tuners
St Learning Activities: Sightread new music, Finger Pattern Tuning Warm Up , Perform Major scales
Lesson Activity/Assignment:Balance, blend, listening across the ensemble
Advanced & Intermediate Orchestra
Music Focus this week is:
Week of January 27-31, 2020 Practice Focus
- Gauntlet (get articulations, slurs and rhythms throughout.) Are you following the dynamics listed throughout? You should have it at performance level measures 1-58. WE will work on the B section this week.
- Jupiter 20-38 (slurs, dynamics, accents, rhythms) Are you phrasing? Pay attention to the 3/4 meter and the slurs within the section. Mark ALL fermatas and watch the conductor.
- Dragon Dances Dynamics, legato style- are you using the same part of the bow as others around you?
1/27 After School Practice for MPA until 4:00p.m. for Intermediate and Advanced Orchestra
- G Major Scale 2 octaves
- Slur Quiz You choose: #116 or #117 on EEI pg. 30
- Music focus on 19-27 Desert Sands, Solo and Ensemble Music
- Prelude & Fugue 1-20