- 11/12 Veteran's Day Luncheon 11-12:30p.m. 3rd Period Students report to Courtyard at 11:35 for performance. ( You will be done at 12:00p.m.) Performing: Ukuthula and America the Beautiful( band accompanies)
- 11/13 Picture Retake Day ( Also bring your music shirt for pictures in the am)
- 11/14 Music Formal Concert Pictures during class- bring formal concert attire for picture( no dress shoes needed for photo)
- 11/14 Portfolio Night- Students performing report to Music Building at 5:45p.m. we will perform in shifts from 6-7p.m. America the Beautiful, Ukuthula, When I Close My Eyes dress code for the event is your music shirt and jeans( no rips or tears and only allowed for the evening event.)
TARGET: The student will learn how to apply sight reading strategies to become a better sight reader.
What characteristics make music suitable for specific occasions?
- Discuss Folk, Patriotic, Spiritual, Celebration and the different characteristics
- Label Lesson 3 Worksheet Rhythms and Solfedge due Friday
- Work On Music for Winter Concert and, Portfolio Night and Veteran's Day Luncheon
Perform the expressive elements of a musical work indicated by the musical score and/or conductor, and transfer new knowledge and experiences to other musical works.
Demonstrate knowledge of major and minor tonalities through performance and composition.
Describe the functions of music from various cultures and time periods.
Identify the works of representative composers within a specific style or time period.