Electrify Your Strings is Monday! Students participating may wear their music shirt and jeans to school on Monday.
Electrify Your Strings
Monday, March 11, 2019, Florida Southern College, Branscomb Auditorium
Students are preparing for their upcoming workshop (5:00-6:30p.m.) with Mark Wood and their collaborative concert at 7:00p.m. on March 11, 2019. For LCMA orchestra students, the ticket price includes their workshop experience as well as performing and watching the performance.
Please print your ticket and have it with you when you arrive for the workshop.
Dress code for concert is choice dress day attire or jeans and your music shirt whatever makes you feel like a Rockstar. ( no wigs or costumes please).
Workshop: 5:00p.m.-6:30p.m. Meet Backstage in the music room behind the stage. To access them walk past the auditorium entrance and there are glass doors that will be open, and you will see us.
Concert: 7:00p.m.-8:00p.m. Florida Southern College Branscomb Aud
emonstrate proper bowing technique as related to the repertoire.
Bow Weight, Angle, Speed, Point of Contact, Down Bow, Up Bow, Slur, Staccato, Legato, Detache'
Solo and Ensemble after School Rehearsal on March 12th until 3:35p.m.
- Work on rhythms and add sixteenth notes & sixteenth rests
- Begin Canon in D ( 3rd Period)
- Work on Bowing technique to solidify point of contact and slurs
- Music Focus is: Eleanor Rigby and The Best of Queen
- EEI page 35- Record The Birthday Song by Friday
- Solo and Ensemble work on Solos and Ensembles after school practice on Tuesday, March 12th
- Music Focus: Elipys
- All assignments for the end of the 3rd nine weeks are due no later than Thursday, March 13th.
Friday- Last day of 3rd 9 weeks