- Monday is school picture day!
- Arts in the Community Reflections are due by end of day on Friday,Oct 26th
- Practice Sheets are due by Thursday, Nov 1st!
- After School Practice on Monday, Oct 22nd until 3:45p.m. for 3rd and 8th
- Report to Bus Loop at 9:05a.m.
- Leave all things in your locker
- Will return between 12:15- 12:30p.m. and eat during 8th grade lunch
- Wear School Uniform for Show attendance & those doing Walk the Wire can change into music shirt and jeans or school shorts/skirts when we return.
Walk the Wire, Thursday, October 25th
- Those attending may wear their music shirt and jeans for the day.
- Bring $2 if you want to purchase a cold icee dessert at event
- Report to Bistro with all of your things and find your assigned group- bags go under the table
- Carnival accessories are allowed after school for the walk :)
- Tank the Teach begins at 4:30p.m. for the VIP members
- 5:00p.m. Pick up students in the Bus Loop- tell your parents please. :)
The tentative performance schedule is below and I will have a handout for you so that you know what time to report to Mrs. Baker.
6th Grade Festival
Performance @ 12:25-12:40
National Anthem- Chorus 5th period
Cielto Lindo- Orchestra/ guitar 3rd & 4th period
Havana- Small Ens & Guitar
7th Grade Festival
Performance @ 1:10-1:15
Yo Vivo Cantando- mp3 7th period
Stand By Me- mp3 7th period
Target: Understand how time signatures apply to music and evaluate what is considered good etiquette for live performance attendees.
What characteristics make music suitable for specific occasions?
Discuss Folk, Patriotic, Spiritual, Celebration and the different characteristics
Click here for Reflection Listening Examples